Table of Contents
This page last updated 2023.10.31 06:36 Visits 4 times yesterday, 1 time today, and 2306 times in total since April 25, 2019.
Solving NordVPN Issues
This page has been updated as of 10/31/2023 as many of the issues reported are not occurring any longer: Bank of America, Netflix, Consumer Cellular, Amazon, Gmail issues previously reported are not an issue now.
My iPad is running iPadOS 17.1 as of 10/31/2023. Often after I wake it from sleep (I had closed the case and reopened it), I see lack of response to anything Internet. My WiFi is connected, but when I check my VPN service (NordVPN) I see one of these:
- It's connected but has only been connected 1-3 seconds
- It's connected but it's stuck requesting an IP address
and in either event as I said I'm getting no Internet traffic.
This is a major annoyance to me as the “requesting IP address” situation many times never resolves.
I've “solved” this by: reporting that I'm not happy with the VPN server, then searching for a VPN server using a number like 45, and clicking on the ones from United States (my location): click on one (maybe 4512), wait 5 seconds (no connection), click on another (maybe 4514), wait 5 seconds, and repeat until eventually one of them connects and gives me an IP address.
This may take a minute or more often I've found it takes 5 or more minutes of this.
Have you experienced this problem? I've contacted NordVPN and they tell me to change my protocol from “use recommended” to “NordLynx” to “OpenVPN(UDP)” to “OpenVPN(TCP)” round-robin (telling me to switch from whichever I'm using to another one), but the problem doesn't stop happening.
See my earlier comments, below
Annoyances/issues other than the above.
NordVPN Disconnects on OS X
- Please open System Preferences, then click Network and choose Advanced.
- After that select DNS at the top of the window and then remove all entries on the left panel by selecting them one by one and clicking the - sign. [there was only 192.168.1.1, it couldn't be deleted, and it disappeared when I did next step.]
- Then add our DNS addresses: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 by clicking the + sign.
- Lastly, click OK and Apply.
- Try these changes, this should increase the stability of NordVPN on your Mac.
(This did not prevent a disconnect.)
If you will still be having problems, try getting NordVPN from our website, OpenVPN version and check stability of that one too.
[smi] Still had problems; not trying OpenVPN just yet. Tried setting Connect on demand. (Preferences > Network. Select NordVPN IKE. See Connect on demand.)
NordVPN use in Linux
From NordVPN Linux site
Get and install: See the site.
To access the NordVPN client settings, use Terminal.
|Connect to VPN||
|Connect to specific VPN||
|See cities in US||
|Connect to city in US||
or Buffalo Charlotte Chicago Dallas Denver Los_Angeles Manassas Miami
New_York Phoenix Saint_Louis Salt_Lake_City San_Francisco Seattle
|See current settings||
|See connection status||
NordVPN Cannot Connect
I experienced this in late 12/2022 and early 1/2023 on iPad and MacOS. Changing to OpenVPN(TCP) worked every time.
- Make sure your account is active
- Make sure your application is up-to-date
- Try switching to TCP connection protocol.
- In the NordVPN application, clock on the settings button (gear icon, or settings button on lower-left corner of app)
- in General tab, under VPN Protocol, select OpenVPN (TCP) protocol
See https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Troubleshooting/1047408692/Unable-to-connect-to-NordVPN-servers.htm it has steps for Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and macOS. Above is based on iOS and macOS.