This is Steve's outline for a Blockchain talk to Lexington Computer Group
This is a work in progress. blockchain_notes
How are Bitcoin and blockchain related? Bitcoin uses blockchain. Blockchain is used for Bitcoin, and much, much more.
This talk gives a simplistic overview of blockchain.
- Data store (holds transactions)
- Replication (many people hold the chain)
- Cryptography and digital signatures
- Immutable (hard to change history and changes are detectable)
- Use of Blockchain for ledgers
- Hashing basics
- Public Key Infrastructure basics
- Block contents
- Add new block
- Need for Mining
Overview - How does blockchain work?
(This section has material copied directly from https://www.ibm.com/blockchain/what-is-blockchain)
- As each transaction occurs – and the parties agree to its details – it’s encoded into a block of digital data and uniquely signed or identified.
- Each block is connected to the one before and after it — creating an irreversible, immutable chain.
- Blocks are chained together, preventing any block from being altered or a block being inserted between two existing blocks.
Difference between blockchain and Bitcoin
- Bitcoin: unregulated, digital currency.
- Blockchain: is used by Bitcoin (and blockchain used for many other things)
This page has been visited 1 time yesterday, 1 time today, and 715 times in total since April 25, 2019.